1.1. How to Add a Printer via IP Address
How to Add a Printer via IP Address
If you add a printer using this step, you would need to know your printer’s IP address. Here’s how you can find your printer’s IP address. Once you know this information, you would just have to go to System Preferences then add the printer from the Printers & Scanners menu. Here’s how you can do this step by step.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Open to System Preferences.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Then click on the + sign below the list of printers.
- Click on the IP icon. This will look like a blue globe icon.
- Type your printer’s IP address in the Address field. Your Mac will try to gather information about the printer.
- Rename the printer if you want to.
- In the Use field, choose the print driver you would like to use.
- Click Add.